The Department of Economics of the University of Turku holds a weekly seminar every Tuesday from 16:00-17:00 at Turku School of Economics.
Note: In Autumn 2022, seminars are held 16-17 mainly in hybrid format from TSE LS09 (with some exceptions of online only). All seminars can be accessed through the Zoom link https://utu.zoom.us/j/68376537527
Seminars – Autumn 2022
- 20.9. [hybrid] Timo Kuosmanen (UTU): Misallocation of labor and capital in Finland’s business sector
- 27.9. [hybrid] Janne Tukiainen (UTU): Personality traits and cognitive ability in political selection
- 4.10. [online] Jeremias Nieminen (UTU): Does the Presence of TV Cameras Affect Polarization in Parliamentary Speech?
- 11.10. [hybrid] Tolga Benzer (UTU): The Mission and the Brotherhood: The Role of Colonial Christian Missionaries on Contemporary Politics in Egypt
- 18.10. [hybrid] Erkki Vihriälä (Aalto): (Not) Anticipating Predictable Inheritances
- 25.10. [hybrid] Dai Sheng (Aalto): New development of overfitting reduction in convex regression
- 1.11. [hybrid/LS07] Konsta Lavaste (Uni. Jyväskylä): Hospital choice and patient outcomes: Evidence from regional choice reform
- Monday 7.11. [onsite LS07] Hannu Salonen (UTU): Läksiäisseminaari
- 15.11.[hybrid/LS07] Dimitrios Minos (King’s College London): Remittances and gender inequality
- 22.11. [hybrid] Matti Mitrunen(Uni. Helsinki): Labor Market Impacts of a Socialist Curriculum
- 29.11. [hybrid] Maarit Olkkola (Aalto): Public Policy and the Child Mortality Transition
- 6.12. No seminar /Itsenäisyyspäivä
- 13.12. [online] Ohto Kanninen (Labore): Wage garnishment and labor supply
- 20.12. [online] Tapio Haaga (UTU): Effects of Nurse Visit Copayments: Does the Primary Care Use of the Poor Respond More?